GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities). We are currently seeking a Digital Marketing Coordinator to support the digital advertising and online marketing for GSL Group and its businesses.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator role will have a wide variety of different accountabilities, including but not exclusive to those listed below:
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager to gain insights into the digital presence of our businesses and develop digital marketing strategies
- Manage the implementation and tracking of Google Analytics and AdWords
- Create high quality WordPress websites and coordinate website updates
- Coordinate the setup and implementation of social media advertising campaigns
- Produce email campaigns with effective copy and calls-to-action
- Produce reports on digital advertising campaigns
- Research information in order to create marketing collateral
- Monitor and manage responses to online reviews and social media accounts
- Support for other marketing-related tasks as needed
Core Competencies and Attributes
The following core competencies are expected of this role:
- 2+ years working experience in a digital marketing position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Gmail
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong working experience in creating WordPress websites
- Hands-on experience in managing websites via CMS and a strong ability to edit HTML code
- Proven copy writing and graphic design skills
- Hands-on experience with Mailchimp and email campaign clients
- High level of understanding for social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Certification in Google Analytics and Google Adwords are beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-sufficient with the ability to independently prioritize and complete tasks
- Ability to multi-task and manage sudden deadlines
- Proactive in extracting data for meaningful ideas to improve the digital presence
- Resourceful and innovative in their approach to complex problems or challenges
- Thrives in a diverse and entrepreneurial environment with many decision makers
- Previous experience working in an office
FOOD & BEVERAGE (F&B) MANAGER – BOOMERS BAR & GRILL – DELTA, BC
Located in Delta, BC, Boomers Bar & Grill is a restaurant and bar that seats over 200, with panoramic views of the hockey rinks at Planet Ice Delta. The casual dining restaurant has a warm and inviting environment for our customers, and is equipped with TVs, pool table, games and more. Boomers Bar & Grill is a division of Planet Ice.
Boomers Bar & Grill Is looking for a Food & Beverage Manager responsible for the day-to-day operations of the restaurant, located at Planet Ice Delta.
- Hire, supervise and manage front and back of the house staff and operations
- Support and assist staff with FOH & BOH house duties (e.g. serving, taking orders, helping in kitchen
- Continually identify ways to improve restaurant operations, drive restaurant traffic, increase revenue and profits, and commit to delivering the best customer experience
- Prepare annual revenue and expense summaries and forecasts, including daily sales, inventory and labour reports
- Order and maintain appropriate inventory and stock levels with cost-effective processes
- Ensure the restaurant and bar are operating within the latest regulatory standards and policies
- Manage staff scheduling to ensure appropriate coverage for regular and special events
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with Squirrel or Square or other restaurant software and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of cash and cost controls measures
- Knowledge of kitchen procedures and menu planning
- 3+ years of experience as a supervisor or manager at a restaurant or a food and beverage environment
- Proven skills in leadership, business management and customer service
- Outstanding people management, communication and organizational skills
- Proven experience in developing and training staff, managing restaurant operations and business skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations.
OfficePools.com is a leading fantasy sports website for hockey, football, basketball, golf and many other types of pools. We engage with over 625,000 sports fans each season. In the world of hockey, OfficePools.com is the world’s most popular online pool manager. We offer pools for NHL & CHL hockey, NBA basketball, NFL football, Masters golf, MLB baseball, and even pools on trending topics like US Elections and Oscars. We offer real-time updates, player news, fantasy guides, free contests and choice of many pool types.
We are currently seeking a full stack software engineer to help lead our development team to deliver on our vision and strategy.
● Collaborate within a small, agile team to continuously deliver value to Officepools customers with frequent deployments
● Create and maintain high-performance Web Applications and APIs including designing, implementing, testing and documenting
● Work alongside Product Managers, Mobile App Developers and UX Designers to create an optimal user experience for current and new Officepools users
● Understand customer needs and business related mobile issues in the marketplace
● Actively participate in idea sharing and brainstorming to create the most engaging products for Officepools’ users
● Demonstrate strong accountability for code quality to ensure seamless deployment of new features and products to our loyal users
● Work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment that is light on process and heavy on creativity
● A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience is required
● 5+ years of experience in delivering high availability, fault tolerant, large-scale SaaS applications in an agile environment
● Experience with at least one server-side web technology such as Python, Java or Ruby on Rails
● Experience publishing and consuming RESTful APIs
● Experience with relational databases and SQL
● Familiar with JIRA or other task tracking software
● The following are an asset but not required
– Experience in handling large datasets
– Experience with real-time communication
– Familiarity of our tech stack
– Experience with React Native
● Interest and/or knowledge of sports and/or fantasy sports gaming is also an asset.
● Knowledge regarding CI software such as Jenkins is also an asset
Compensation commensurate with experience.
GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture.
We are currently seeking a project coordinator to support the executive team in the development of future real estate projects, as well as key accountabilities with respect the Company’s existing portfolio of commercial and residential properties. New developments commencing within the next six months will be trend-setting and innovative for the future of real estate development – this role presents an opportunity to be a part of this unique project and learn from an executive team with extensive development knowledge.
If you are a high energy, intellectually curious and highly organized person with a passion for real estate, we’d love to hear from you!
This multi-faceted role will have a number of accountabilities, including but not exclusive to those listed below:
- Working under the guidance of the senior management team of GSL Group, the project coordinator will play a key role in all real estate development and construction projects of the company, with approved zoning to develop 3,000,000 square feet of new projects (mix of residential and commercial) in addition to GSL Group’s existing real estate portfolio
- This role will own the administrative process of the real estate division, tracking all ongoing work streams and projects, action items and timelines and ensuring maximum efficiency within the real estate division
- Support the executive team in ensuring the scope and direction of each project is consistent with the overall vision, as well as ensuring all deliverables are completed within established deadlines
- Help remove roadblocks and challenges and be proactive in developing solutions to any potential setbacks
- Facilitate innovation and idea generation by driving the research process for new ideas the executive team is exploring
- Support key finance activities and processes by gathering and compiling information required for internal reporting and budgeting, and as may be requested by the CFO on an ad hoc basis
- Be familiar with the Strata by laws of GSL Group’s residential real estate holdings and act as the key liaison to the Strata Council of these properties
- Oversee administration of all maintenance contracts on properties including those related to items such as boilers, elevators, solar panels, appliances, fire safety inspection and any other maintenance service contracts which may arise
- Act as the main point of contact for any real estate or commercial leasing enquiries, as well as being the main point of contact for any tenant related issues
- Support the existing leasing manager with the administration of new lease agreements and renewals
The following core competencies are expected of this role:
- University degree or equivalent; real estate specific education, certification or designation is an asset
- Previous experience or exposure to real estate development and/or construction is an asset – passion and interest for this industry is a must
- Technologically savvy with a natural inclination to source digital solutions to inefficiencies
- Previous experience interfacing with and supporting senior executives is an asset
- Professional and pragmatic with the ability to integrate effectively into many different types of work environments
- Trustworthy, honest and reliable with the ability to maintain confidentiality at the highest level
- Moderate level of financial literacy with the ability to interface directly with the finance team on operational matters and analysis of new opportunities or acquisition targets
We are proud of the culture of this organization and believe this stems from the following key attributes of our employees:
- Applies a hands on and industrious approach to challenges as they arise; willing to get their ‘hands dirty’
- Thrives in a diverse, entrepreneurial environment
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Active contributor to the community
- Lifelong learner motivated to continue to learn and develop
- Transparent and open approach both to direct reports and to reporting staff
- Creates a positive and productive environment within their team
- Highly innovative and enjoys exploring new solutions and technologies
Compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience.
Job Location: Vancouver or Kelowna, B.C.