FOOD & BEVERAGE (F&B) MANAGER – BOOMERS BAR & GRILL – DELTA, BC
Located in Delta, BC, Boomers Bar & Grill is a restaurant and bar that seats over 200, with panoramic views of the hockey rinks at Planet Ice Delta. The casual dining restaurant has a warm and inviting environment for our customers, and is equipped with TVs, pool table, games and more. Boomers Bar & Grill is a division of Planet Ice.
Boomers Bar & Grill Is looking for a Food & Beverage Manager responsible for the day-to-day operations of the restaurant, located at Planet Ice Delta.
- Hire, supervise and manage front and back of the house staff and operations
- Support and assist staff with FOH & BOH house duties (e.g. serving, taking orders, helping in kitchen
- Continually identify ways to improve restaurant operations, drive restaurant traffic, increase revenue and profits, and commit to delivering the best customer experience
- Prepare annual revenue and expense summaries and forecasts, including daily sales, inventory and labour reports
- Order and maintain appropriate inventory and stock levels with cost-effective processes
- Ensure the restaurant and bar are operating within the latest regulatory standards and policies
- Manage staff scheduling to ensure appropriate coverage for regular and special events
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with Squirrel or Square or other restaurant software and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of cash and cost controls measures
- Knowledge of kitchen procedures and menu planning
- 3+ years of experience as a supervisor or manager at a restaurant or a food and beverage environment
- Proven skills in leadership, business management and customer service
- Outstanding people management, communication and organizational skills
- Proven experience in developing and training staff, managing restaurant operations and business skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations.
GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture.
We are currently seeking a project coordinator to support the executive team in the development of future real estate projects, as well as key accountabilities with respect the Company’s existing portfolio of commercial and residential properties. New developments commencing within the next six months will be trend-setting and innovative for the future of real estate development – this role presents an opportunity to be a part of this unique project and learn from an executive team with extensive development knowledge.
If you are a high energy, intellectually curious and highly organized person with a passion for real estate, we’d love to hear from you!
This multi-faceted role will have a number of accountabilities, including but not exclusive to those listed below:
- Working under the guidance of the senior management team of GSL Group, the project coordinator will play a key role in all real estate development and construction projects of the company, with approved zoning to develop 3,000,000 square feet of new projects (mix of residential and commercial) in addition to GSL Group’s existing real estate portfolio
- This role will own the administrative process of the real estate division, tracking all ongoing work streams and projects, action items and timelines and ensuring maximum efficiency within the real estate division
- Support the executive team in ensuring the scope and direction of each project is consistent with the overall vision, as well as ensuring all deliverables are completed within established deadlines
- Help remove roadblocks and challenges and be proactive in developing solutions to any potential setbacks
- Facilitate innovation and idea generation by driving the research process for new ideas the executive team is exploring
- Support key finance activities and processes by gathering and compiling information required for internal reporting and budgeting, and as may be requested by the CFO on an ad hoc basis
- Be familiar with the Strata by laws of GSL Group’s residential real estate holdings and act as the key liaison to the Strata Council of these properties
- Oversee administration of all maintenance contracts on properties including those related to items such as boilers, elevators, solar panels, appliances, fire safety inspection and any other maintenance service contracts which may arise
- Act as the main point of contact for any real estate or commercial leasing enquiries, as well as being the main point of contact for any tenant related issues
- Support the existing leasing manager with the administration of new lease agreements and renewals
The following core competencies are expected of this role:
- University degree or equivalent; real estate specific education, certification or designation is an asset
- Previous experience or exposure to real estate development and/or construction is an asset – passion and interest for this industry is a must
- Technologically savvy with a natural inclination to source digital solutions to inefficiencies
- Previous experience interfacing with and supporting senior executives is an asset
- Professional and pragmatic with the ability to integrate effectively into many different types of work environments
- Trustworthy, honest and reliable with the ability to maintain confidentiality at the highest level
- Moderate level of financial literacy with the ability to interface directly with the finance team on operational matters and analysis of new opportunities or acquisition targets
We are proud of the culture of this organization and believe this stems from the following key attributes of our employees:
- Applies a hands on and industrious approach to challenges as they arise; willing to get their ‘hands dirty’
- Thrives in a diverse, entrepreneurial environment
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Active contributor to the community
- Lifelong learner motivated to continue to learn and develop
- Transparent and open approach both to direct reports and to reporting staff
- Creates a positive and productive environment within their team
- Highly innovative and enjoys exploring new solutions and technologies
Compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience.
Job Location: Vancouver or Kelowna, B.C.